Purchasing furniture for your office in Wilmington, DE may seem like an impossible task. But, with the help of the experts at Ethosource, we are certain we can help you create the perfect office environment to meet the needs of your clients and staff.
Ethosource is customer-focused. We want your business to be productive and offer you expert space planning, design, project management, and installation services. This will enable you to focus on your business’ success while we help you create a balance between new and refurbished pieces that fit your budget.
The Dos of Furniture Buying
Keep in mind that the furniture you choose will do more than affect the aesthetics of your office environment. It will also play a key role in productivity and morale. Ensuring that you provide your staff with comfort and functionality will be a prime factor in your success. Here are the dos of furniture buying:
- Measure. Guesstimating will be a disaster! Break out the tape measure and ensure you fully understand the size of each workspace or office. Knowing how much space is available will ensure that you buy pieces that will fit appropriately without negatively affecting the traffic flow. Consider space planning and design services from Ethosource for great results.
- Think Mobility. Stationary chairs may be okay for your reception area, but the chairs you purchase for your staff need to be on wheels. You want your staff to be able to easily access files and supplies; that might require them to quickly move from one spot to the next.
- Choose Ergonomics. Never choose looks over comfort when buying office furniture. Minimizing strain and stress on your employees’ bodies will help you in several ways. People who are in pain are less productive. They are also more likely to take time off work and will ultimately cost you more in health insurance rates.
- Pick Timeless Designs. Design trends change all the time, and what is popular right now might be completely out of style in six months. This is why going with furniture that is symmetric and has clean lines will ensure that your office design never goes out of style. It will also help you later when you don’t have to purchase new furniture just to keep up with modern trends.
The Don’ts of Furniture Buying
Now that you know the do’s of buying your new furniture, it is important that you understand some of the things you should NOT do as well. Here are the major don’ts of buying office furniture:
- Choose Price Over Quality. We know you want to save as much money as possible, but if you purchase inexpensive, low-quality furniture, then you will end up spending more than you realize. Good quality furniture will withstand wear and tear for a long time and you will discover that it is well worth the initial financial investment.
- Jump on Trends. Don’t jump on an office furniture layout trend just because it’s trendy: Trends come and go and they may not always be right for your workplace. It’s important to keep the needs of your specific office in mind.
You can find furniture for your office in Wilmington, DE at Ethosource. We are prepared to help you every step of the way. Just give our experts a call at (888) 807 3846, or come by our showrooms in Reading, PA or King of Prussia, PA.